Lets explore the Miyajima Island in the day light!

Itsukushima Shrine, Miyajima Island

But wellllll lets start with breakfast. hehehe

Breakfast at Yamaichi-Bekkan

The Japanese style breakfast at the hotel was served very promptly and the looked and tasted wonderful especially the egg dish. Highly recommend.

My Miyajima walkaround plan is very short as I had to rush to Himeji Castle next. I started from the Otorii Gate again. And as you can see from the pictures that there're deers around. So, watch out for your map or anything paper.

Paper eaters

Next stop is Itsukushima Shrine. The whole shrine was painted with colour red/orange. And it looks very standout when you see from afar. There's entry fee, just pay for the ticket at the counter. :)

Itsukushima Shrine, Miyajima Island

Itsukushima Shrine, Miyajima Island

Itsukushima Shrine, Miyajima Island

Itsukushima Shrine, Miyajima Island

Itsukushima Shrine, Miyajima Island

There are a few staffs of the shrine around doing some ceremony. They wore these Japanese tradition clothes. To be very honest with you... it's a nice shrine beautiful to take pictures both inside and outside... but nothing more. You can walk thru another side of the shrine for more places to visit.

There are 5 or more attractions that you can visit on the east side, however, I was running out of time and cut thru many of them, during this route, I walked thru the "Natural Promanade Walk" (asebi walk). It was very nice and quiet filled with tall trees esp Maples. I'm sure it will look very nice when they change the colour. :)

a short cut....

I came out to Tahoto Pagoda which located quite high from the sea level. The view is beautiful from there but the Pagoda is quite small.

Tahoto Pagoda

Then I made my way back to the westside of Itsukushima Shrine to see Five-Storied Pagoda and Senjyoukaku and they're standing next to each other.

Five-storied Pagoda

Senjyoukaku (A thousand tatami building)

Senjyoukaku (A thousand tatami building)

At Senjyoukaku, there's an entry fee for 100 Yen. Inside this old building there are a lot of old paintings hanging close to the roof. The building is quite big as they said you can put 1000 tatami mat inside, so, it'll take 10 minutes at least to walk around. :)

The time was up and I had to run back to my hotel. On my way back I found this giant object and made me wonder what the hell is it... Turned out it's the Miyajima's Giant Rice Scoop, the biggest rice scoop in the world. It's the symbol of Miyajima, the birth place of rice scoop. It's 7.7m in Length, 2.7m width and weight 2.5 tons. Do I hear some Green people screaming? :P

Miyajima's Giant Rice Scoop

Then it's time to say goodbye to Miyajima, I had a great fun on this Island and wish to re-visit one day with more time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.