4285 8934 1940 5135, originally uploaded by Gun Sydney.

My first love for electrical device was the video games. The first machine I’ve ever owned was Famicom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famicom (Nintendo in US and Europe). I think it was in 1985 that my father bought it for me after millions of hours spent at the game shop.

With (only) 8 bit, during that time it was a revolution compare to the other machine like Atari. The games got more play times and a lot more sophisticate. Mario Bros was a big smash hit, followed by many classics such as Dragon Quest series, Final Fantasy series or Contras. The machines sold over 60 millions worldwide and Nintendo was a household name. (I just realised that spell check will not correct the word Nintendo)

During that time I was playing games like a mad kid. I can go on and on for a very long time without foods or drinks. I lost 10 kg in the process and my mother was not happy!!

Warp to 2007, and Nintendo has done it again. New console name Wii (a what?) is very refreshing and very fun to play with. And it’s ATM the only source of exercise I get (the boxing game from Wii Sports is really good for cardio).

Many claimed that Wii is not for the real gamers but only for general public. I am really wondering what kind of gamers they are (the ones who’ll buy PS3 I guess)? Since when the only things that we the gamers concern is graphic and the horse power of the console? I always think that Gameplay is everything for gamers. It’s cool to have nice graphics but if the gameplay sucks then what’s the point of playing at all (unless you’re pervs who love DOA beach volley ball). Secondly, it’s the games that define the target audience. Of course Wii sport will target for all general audience, but for gamers Zelda Twilight Princess will do the work just fine. And it’s not that Wii’s graphic is bad. It’s actually good, and it’s not even reached its full potential yet.

Only time will tell that who will win the wars for this generation of consoles. But atm, Wii’s future is getting brighter and brighter.

PS: If anyones want to add my wii to their list, here's my wii number, 4285 8934 1940 5135.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.